Hey, I'm new.^^;

• Engel
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 Aug 2009 00:25 - 11 Aug 2009 00:30 #1 by Engel (Engel)
Hey, I'm new.^^; was created by Engel (Engel)
Hey everyone, my name's Ashley, and I'm 20.
My in game name is Engel Teufel, but I prefer just plain old Engel.
I like anime, video games, and most music.[Other then rap/country]
I'm planning on being a Torturer, so if anyone could give me some tips that would be awesome.

Ashley M. aka Engel[EN-GE-LL]
Last edit: 11 Aug 2009 00:30 by .
11 Aug 2009 00:32 #2 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
Be an evil torturer, enjoy other peoples pain, alway try to make things worse for people... just the same old stuff torturers do in their free time, by the way WELCOME! My name is Cody Robert Queen! ;D I am a barbarian berserker! Oh also find out where your character is from and her race. My IG name is Ambrose Leonides but refer to my as AMBROSE THE ANGRY BADGER OF TRAVANCE!  :D If you have any other questions just ask.

Nice to meet you,

Cody

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • Engel
11 Aug 2009 00:39 #3 by Engel (Engel)
Replied by Engel (Engel) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
Well, I'm kind of going with my friend, and his character isn't evil, so I'm trying to fit in with him. xD I'd love to be evil, just not known evil. >.>; Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. <3 And nice meeting you!

11 Aug 2009 01:04 #4 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
As a 1st PC try something a little different, easier, see what your friend is, and if you want to stay with him/her, see what him/her race is and go off of what there starting professions are. Also being evil is A LOT harder than it sounds, it's not how you think it would be, if your a new plsyer and you try and be evil, your gonna get killed very fast. Higher levels are a lot more powerfull then you and won't tolerate evil stuff going on. You can't really do your evil deeds when you only know about 2 low level abilities... try something easy that everybody will love, like a healer, no one hates a healer.... right....

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • Engel
11 Aug 2009 01:08 #5 by Engel (Engel)
Well, I'm going to try the Torturer just for fun. I'm not really planning on being evil to be honest. I'm more so useful for getting information and such. I know that being evil in the game is hard, my friend told me, so I'm going to try and be as good as a torturer can be, I guess? xD

• Jiltanith
11 Aug 2009 01:10 - 11 Aug 2009 01:14 #6 by Jiltanith (Jiltanith)
Replied by Jiltanith (Jiltanith) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
Woo Ashley!! You better not be evil, I'd have to bring some swift dragoon justice on you. I'm glad I got you all excited about going, just try not to get us in to much trouble ok? I'd rather not have the town guard breathing down our necks because you went and decided to be evil on me.  :D

I already helped her work out her character all last night, we sat around going over the entire list of races and professions until somehow we came up with Torturer as her best class. It fits her character at least. She's more excited about next event them I am now.

Edit: I'm going to ask around the forums to find out if Torturers have to be evil, it doesn't quite seem that way though since even the town guard has a torturer they use to get information. That would be a bit of a damper on our plans though. Besides she can't be THAT evil, she has first aid.  ;D

OOG: Mike G.
IG: Jiltanith Glaw, Red Dragoon
Last edit: 11 Aug 2009 01:14 by .
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
11 Aug 2009 02:14 #7 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
The following is concerning my opinion about torturing in the game only.

In the game, torture is a tool.  It is one that brings pain and suffering on one to get information.  While I would think the Gods of Light, at least some of them, probably wouldn't like it much, it's not too far of a stretch to imagine a Jack Bauer like character who tortures people not because he or she likes it or gets a thrill out of it, but because doing so allows them to get information that can save lives.

I don't think there's a single base class in the game that has to be "evil" per se.  Racketeers, spies, assassins, thieves, chaos warriors, wild mages, and so on, they can all be motivated towards the greater good in some way, shape, or form.

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
  • Jiltanith
11 Aug 2009 04:03 #8 by Jiltanith (Jiltanith)
That's what I was thinking which is why we reconsidered torturer as her first class.

I was focusing more on the abilities then the actual class description, since she was more worried about not being able to do anything at a low level. Since torturer gets first aid cheap and extract truth for two I thought it'd be a good way to get some great RP opportunities. I didn't remember ever hearing about classes that MUST be evil either, but I never did a whole lot of research into it myself.

• Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
11 Aug 2009 07:35 #9 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
Welcome to the forums, Ashley!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
11 Aug 2009 10:44 #10 by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre)
Replied by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
Hey there Ashley,

First of all, welcome to KR. Next let me give you an official answer about Torturers and alignment. There is nothing in the rules that says you have to be good or evil, it is totally up to the player how to portray their character. But what you may want to know about is that there are In Game laws that govern the use of torture. If you use torture methods outside the allowance of the laws of the land, your character could get in trouble. I suggest you take a look at the In Game section of the website under the Baron's Manor (on the navigation bar to the left). There you will find a list of the In Game laws.

If you have any particular questions about the game, feel free to shoot me a PM or send me an email at

Now to answer what seems to be a bit of a confused point of conversation. There are some classes that by the rules are evil. Specifically there are subsets of classes that are evil per the game rules. A clergy character (priest, cleric, and scholar) that follows a dark god is evil just as a Mage with Necromancy is evil. There are means that can occur through play that may lead to a character acquiring a higher list that is considered evil as well.

OOG:
Brendan O'Hara
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
11 Aug 2009 11:25 #11 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
Welcome Ashley. I love the idea of a torturer class, and a good guy one, I can see great fun rping it. Or evil even, though I can see why some would think such a profession being evil, but it doesn't have to be. Also you could simply just be unprincipled, meaning neither good nor evil, but one who is serious about the profession and feels duty to carrying it out as a service to a liege, master, or powerful businessman/woman. The latter example could be done alot of different ways, but could be one who simply carries out the tasks as needed and doesn't allow morality to get in the way (an interesting scenariouj could be where a close friend is caught up in some troubles and you have to..ahem...extract some info. You might care about him/her but sadly your job is paramount...think like a bookie who's buddy placed serious bets and now can't pay losses lol).

Anything you can dream up, good or bad or indifferent, you can create a motivation. Have fun doing it!

"Is it Safe?" - Marathon Man.

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Jiltanith
11 Aug 2009 14:39 #12 by Jiltanith (Jiltanith)
Thanks for clearing that up Brendan, greatly appreciated. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

• Misaki
  • Dark Sith? Where?!
  • Thank Yous: 23
11 Aug 2009 15:43 #13 by Misaki (cbodnar)
Replied by Misaki (cbodnar) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
And the other half of the battle is full of "X Damage!" and the smacking of foam weaponry  ;D

Misaki Xianlu VonRitter, the Nemesis

Vassal of Pendarvin

"Evil Must Be Destroyed"

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
11 Aug 2009 15:45 #14 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

G.I. JOE!!!!

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
11 Aug 2009 16:10 #15 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
Nerds...

But besides that point, there used to be a fantastic post about "How to be evil" on the forums.  The general idea (if you did want to play evil) is don't announce it, even OOG. This is kind of for anyone wanting to play evil:
1. You want to keep your dark acts a secret IG? Keep them a secret OOG.
2. Have a cover.  You may be Dark Sorcerer McGuffin during 9-5, but what are you on your off hours? a traveling baker? a bounty hunter looking for criminals to take off the streets?
3. DON'T GET CAUGHT! It's an expansive campsite, there's tons of places to do your dirty work without having Captain Hero accidentally stumble upon you.
4. www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...ew&id=318&Itemid=193 These guidelines are also pretty much everything else you need to know.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
11 Aug 2009 16:16 #16 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;
I have to agree with keeping things a secret OOG.  Metagame and reverse metagame makes it hard for some players to keep things going honest when they find out stuff.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Cameron
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 15
11 Aug 2009 19:06 #17 by Cameron (Galen)
Replied by Cameron (Galen) on topic Hey, I'm new.^^;

Now to answer what seems to be a bit of a confused point of conversation. There are some classes that by the rules are evil. Specifically there are subsets of classes that are evil per the game rules. A clergy character (priest, cleric, and scholar) that follows a dark god is evil just as a Mage with Necromancy is evil. There are means that can occur through play that may lead to a character acquiring a higher list that is considered evil as well.

That's my fault if I wasn't clear enough, but I was simply talking about basic classes being exclusively evil, not higher lists or specific subsets.  Basically I was trying to say that any base class could be good, evil, or neutral, depending on how you play.  My apologies.

Sir Not Appearing At This Game
  • Engel
12 Aug 2009 01:53 #18 by Engel (Engel)
Wow, thanks everyone! I'm even more excited now. xD
You've all been so helpful, you're awesome, thanks.
I'll keep all of this in mind as well in game and out.

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.614 seconds